BrowniesWeltanschauung

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Myths

I've been thinking about control a lot. It's funny, because I've been sitting here trying to take the time to get these thoughts down, and I ran across a journal entry at another site regarding control.

I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about most things in my life. It's not a good feeling. As the matter of fact, it can be all-consuming at times and drain every ounce of energy from my being.

There are things we can control about ourselves. Our behaviors for instance. Anything can be learned and/or unlearned. We can't control anything, however, that involves someone else. Control, in that sense, is a myth.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • I wonder what he is thinking about in terms of your relationship. Does he know there might be expectations on your part? It sounds like it is hard on you, because you have unshared expectations. By not sharing your expectations are you making it easy for him to keep at a distance?

    You are right that you can't control someone else. You can however figure out what you are willing to accept and what you are not. What items in the relationship might be too hard for you to deal with in the long run.

    By Blogger leaveme alone, at 6/17/2004 2:06 PM  

  • He does know, Ava. We've discussed how I feel before. He's just not ready.

    By Blogger Brownie, at 6/17/2004 2:33 PM  

  • I don't see where you can do much more than what you are doing unless its to go out and find someone who is ready for what you want.

    Are you both dating other people or is there some sort of agreement not to?

    By Blogger Prom, at 6/17/2004 6:10 PM  

  • {{{Joy}}} I'm just catching up with your blog. Just felt like giving you a hug.

    By Blogger LeAnne, at 6/30/2004 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home