BrowniesWeltanschauung

Friday, July 02, 2004

Philly

Well, I've certainly been neglecting my blog. Here it is almost the weekend again and I haven't blogged since right before last weekend. Tsk tsk.

Let's see, what's been happening? I spent the weekend in Philly with some internet friends. Leslie and I roomed together since we'd met before and since the hotel was so flippin' expensive. I felt extremely comfortable with the arrangement. I think she felt the same way. We had plenty of time for girl talk.

I got to meet Tiki. She's EXACTLY the person I thought she'd be. She has so much energy. I wish I had half of her energy. I mean that literally too. If I took half of her energy, maybe she'd be able to gain a little weight. She tries so hard. I think it's easy for people who struggle with losing weight to forget that there are people out there who are constantly struggling with maintaining their weight and/or gaining. I loved meeting her. I'm going to try to figure out a good time to visit New England for another visit.

Max joined us for the day on Saturday. She's a lovely person as well and so THIN! We had a good time (the 4 of us girls) wandering around downtown Philadelphia, seeing the sights, shopping, and enjoying a couple of meals together before we headed over to the good doctor's house for the BBQ.

What a feast! Doc really went all out. We had a lovely assortment of cheeses, meats, nuts, and crackers to munch prior to the big event. He covered his enormous dining room table with burgers w/LC buns, sausages, chicken, brisket, ribs, green beans almondine, broccoli, peppers, salad, and geez, other stuff that I can't even remember. We drank LC margaritas (not from mix, great recipe too, I need to write that down), the doctor's own wine and strawberry vodka, and probably some other stuff that I can't remember. It was all fabulous.

He and his wife were the most welcoming hosts. Leslie, Tiki, and I talked about this on the way back to the hotel. Normally, when I'm in someone's home for the first time, there's a bit of awkwardness. It's not completely comfortable at first. I think everyone has experienced that. There was none of that at their home. I felt welcomed from the moment I walked in the front door. They're a great couple. I'd love to visit again, anytime.

Leslie was a little freaked out by Dr. Spock though. *giggle*

Somehow, I spent the weekend exercising. Between getting up early two days in a row and going to the hotel gym to work out, and wandering around town for hours, I got a hell of a workout. My legs were screaming on the drive home from LACK of movement. I had to get out at a rest area and stretch at one point. I felt better after stretching and actually jogged around for a bit to get some blood circulating in my legs. I had a brisk walk on the treadmill when I got home and felt tons better.

I lost 2 lbs while I was on my mini-vacation. How the HELL does someone lose weight on vacation? Especially when they eat like a horse the whole time? Amazing.

I have Leslie and Tiki (the exercise goddesses) to thank, though, for my new routine. I've been getting up early since I got home and exercising in the morning. It feels so much better than waiting to get home from work and forcing my mentally exhausted body to work out. Thanks ladies.

I have so much more to talk about, but no time now. More later.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • It sounds like a great time. Wish I could have met you all...

    By Blogger leaveme alone, at 7/02/2004 11:08 PM  

  • It was lovely meeting you too Brownie. Do let me know about the Boston trip. It would be a lot of fun.

    btw, I'm starting to add stuff to my blog again. Taking it slow.

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/03/2004 9:14 AM  

  • Joy, spending time with you is somewhat remarkable. I feel like we are two broads who've known each other forever, who never need to catch up, who just rest naturally on the same plane.

    It was an easy, easy weekend.

    And I was NOT freaked out by Spock. I was just, um, er, uh, frequently startled. ;)

    doggy

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 7/04/2004 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home