BrowniesWeltanschauung

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Low Carb Dieting

Diet and exercise-wise, I'm still hanging in there. Someone posted something on another forum I frequent about "who's still counting carbs?" and that made me think a bit. I used to be meticulous about documenting anything that went into my mouth, and obsessively adding the carbs, calories, fat grams, protein, etc. My diet doesn't vary much. It's kind of boring actually. I have practically the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch every day (M-F). Dinner is the only thing that changes. Anyway, I've gotten away from documenting everything. I haven't gained. Actually, I am still losing, but with the amount I still have left to lose, it should be going much faster especially since I've increased my exercise. I think what I need to do is find a balance between obsessively journaling my food and not counting at all. I seem to go one way or the other. I'll work on that.

I really do think exercise is the magic wand that many Low-Carbers forget (or maybe ignore). I literally had to force myself to move for months before it became routine. But now I've come to a place where I cannot allow myself to miss exercise for fear that I'll become a couch potato again. I enjoy it. I still have to force myself occasionally but once I start, I'm fine. I FEEL better, I sleep better, I am nicer. It's something that I must do. There's no question.

I think low-carbers tend to get a little lazy. The weight drops off quickly in the beginning (for most), with practically no effort at all. People forget that being skinny doesn't necessarily mean that you're healthy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I think that exercise is a very important aspect, and I try to work out 6x/week. I keep thinking that if I don't I will start to gain if I continue eating the same amount of food. Also, I know that I keep toning over time. You are right, it is much too easy to get out of the habit. Too easy to make excuses on what to do instead.

    It sounds like you had a fun weekend. You sound happy! That is so great for you!

    By Blogger leaveme alone, at 7/07/2004 2:16 PM  

  • I have no idea what any of that John stuff meant. You spent all weekend with him, but it was strange. You had an easy conversation on the phone. But you could take him or leave him? Huh?

    I, too, eat the same breakfast and the same lunch almost every day. I have an avocado smoothie with soymilk and water, soy protein powder, and splenda syrups for breakfast. For lunch, it's a chef's salad.

    Dinner is whatever's on the agenda. Tonight, it's meatloaf. Last night, it was Boca burger and another salad. The night before, marinara over zucchini with parmesan cheese.

    Yum.

    I might be losing some of this flab I gained from vacation. I'm on Induction again, though I just had two bites of watermelon. Shame on me.

    doggy

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 7/07/2004 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home