BrowniesWeltanschauung

Monday, December 05, 2005

Freedom

This is the first year in the past 5 that it didn't occur to me until after Thanksgiving had come and gone that I was supposed to be sad on Thanksgiving day. I guess I'm finally, truly, completely past it all.

I find it fascinating that even when one is happy about getting or being divorced, there's still a grieving process. I guess I'm done grieving. 5 years...

I suppose it's true what they say. It's takes approximately half of the time that you were with someone to get over that person once you split up.

The ex and I started dating when I was 16. We were married in '91, divorced in 2000. Sounds about right.

I'm just glad it's over with.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Brownie - what a luxury! To be able to take him to court and get back that money! I'll be routing for your victory (and living vicariously through you!)

    By Blogger Smart Mouth, at 12/08/2005 4:44 PM  

  • I sure hope you're done with him soon, and your money arrives. As for grief, I've heard that when someone dies, it diminishes by half each year.

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 1/07/2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home