BrowniesWeltanschauung

Friday, July 09, 2004

Dreamin' is Free

My mind has been wandering a lot today. So many thoughts running through my head, I need to somehow get them in order and take a look at them. Maybe I can figure them out, get some clarity of mind and spirit.

Music - I've been listening to the oldies station all morning, but for some reason (although I haven't heard the song in forever) a song keeps popping up in my brain. I've caught myself humming or singing it both out loud and in my head. Odd. I wonder what it means? Maybe the song is trying to tell me something. I'd almost forgotten how much I used to love Blondie. Deborah Harry really has a hell of a voice, so distinctive, such a range. Hmm.

Blondie - Dreaming

When I met you in the restaurant.
You could tell I was no debutante.
You asked me what's my pleasure, "A movie or a measure."
I'll have a cup of tea and tell you of my dreaming.
Dreaming is free.
I don't want to live on charity.
Pleasure's real or is it fantasy?
Reel to reel is living rarity.
People stop and stare at me,
We just walk on by; we just keep on dreaming.
Feet feet: walking a two mile.
Meet meet: meet me at the turnstile.
I never met him, I'll never forget him.
Dream dream: even for a little while.
Dream dream: filling up an idle hour.
Fade away, radiate.
I sit by and watch the river flow.
I sit by and watch the traffic go.
Imagine something of your very own;
Something you can have and hold.
I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming.
Dreaming is free.

One of my other thoughts, I guess sort of connects to the music thing, because it's about dreams. I rarely remember mine. I had such a good time yesterday helping out a bunch of people who were currently, or previously having some recurring dreams. I tried to help them sort it out, gave them some common interpretations. It was fun. I love dream interpretation. I think dreams are sort of a peek into the complexities of our minds. We use so little of our brain, it's as if when we sleep our mind is free to do as it pleases, stretch its muscles a bit and get something done that it finds more worthwhile than our daily lives. Imagine if we could actually tap into that and use our brains to their full capacity. Amazing.

Anyway, the dream thing. Lately, I've been dreaming that I'm pregnant. There are a few different interpretations for dreaming that you're pregnant. The simplest is that you actually ARE pregnant and your brain is trying to clue you into that fact. It could be that you're afraid you might become pregnant, or that you worry of complications in a pregnancy when you do become pregnant. None of those really apply to me.  The other avenue is that you're giving birth to new life (physically or creatively) which could simply be changes within yourself making you a new person. It can also signify creativity, new-found ability to be inventive, or that you're prepared to produce something (not necessarily an actual child). Perhaps there is a birth of something wonderful on my horizon.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I like Blondie too. I have not listened to her for awhile. Maybe I will bring some of her music on my trip.

    For awhile I kept a dream journal. It was sort of cool. I would wake up and immediately write what I remembered of my dreams in my journal. I still have it and it is wild to read. I can't say that I really understood the dreams, although I definately feel that it is a big part of the subconcious mind working and that if you analyze them you can derive clues and deep meaning from them. I stopped after some time, and once Dan stuck his nose in it and teased me about some of the dreams for awhile. Some of them contained old men friends or boy friends and some were sexual in nature. I think he was actually jelous that I would be dreaming some of those things LOL! I don't remember my dreams much these days, but it would be fun to start a dream journal again!

    Maybe you are going through a transformation Joy...in more ways than one? You sound so secure in yourself right now. Like you have found Joy! ;-)

    By Blogger leaveme alone, at 7/09/2004 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home