BrowniesWeltanschauung

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Silence of a Broken Heart

Daddy's gone
Don't cry
Be strong

There'll be someone along soon
To take up the slack
To replace what he took when he went away

Perhaps an uncle?
Can he make up for what is lacking?
Maybe he can take the place of missing Daddy

No...

Maybe God can fill the void
Or a man of God
Maybe she can finally trust
And know love without conditions

No...

Mommy will do it
Heal her hurt
Ease her pain
She will avenge this little girl.
You can always count on Mommy

No...

She'll have to fix it all herself
Find a way to stitch the wounds
Soothe the bruises

And she has
She's better now
Scarred but mended

But if you listen closely, you can still hear it.
It's there
Always there

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • This is a good poem, Brownie Girl. I wish I didn't know the story behind it--or rather wish that it weren't what it is. But I think it would come through even if I didn't know. Powerful writing. Was it cathartic, too, or simply painful?

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 4/14/2005 11:19 AM  

  • The more I tell the story, the less it was 'me' that went through it? Does that make sense? It's almost as if it is evolving into just that, a story.

    By Blogger Brownie, at 4/14/2005 11:25 AM  

  • This is very engaging piece of writing, Brownie! I am glad I read this!!!

    By Blogger MsC, at 4/14/2005 11:41 AM  

  • This is so sad!!!

    By Blogger leaveme alone, at 4/14/2005 5:05 PM  

  • Very powerful writing (((((hugs))))))

    By Blogger Lisa, at 4/21/2005 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home