BrowniesWeltanschauung

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Holding myself accountable

I really need to start holding myself accountable for my exercise. I've been slacking lately. It's become far too easy for me to blow it off. I was getting up and exercising in the morning for a while. That fell by the wayside pretty quickly. In the evening I talk myself out of exercising because of the heat. HELLO! I have air conditioning. I can use the treadmill for my run. I've gotten lazy. And it all happened in a matter of just a few days. I'm starting to think that I should only take one day of rest. 2 days and I can't seem to motivate myself.

I MUST get up early and get my exercise done in the morning.

I MUST do some sort of exercise daily.

I MUST stop making excuses.

I MUST do this for ME!

OK, I feel a little better. God, I wish I could afford to pay someone to drag me out of bed and make me up and run every morning. *sigh*

Over the weekend, I was wandering around in my mind in some places I probably shouldn't have been. Thinking thoughts of love and hope. Wishing wishes that I know won't come true, and basically depressing myself. The horoscope was a nice little reminder.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Try the internet dating. Just develop a sense for the players. If you can find such a thing its best to go to a dating site that keys in on interests you might have, like exercise or some hobby and that also has a forum where you can sort of get to know the people before having to go straight to match making.

    I'm not sure how many such exist but surely there are some like that where you can put up a profile but still just hang out and talk to people.

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/13/2004 12:18 PM  

  • Heck, if there aren't dating sites like that then there should be. Might be a good opportunity to start something.

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/13/2004 3:49 PM  

  • I don't know if I can wholeheartedly advocate the Match.com thing, but it *is* how I met J. We're going on 3 years together, so there are success stories, along with all of the horror stories.

    It's pretty much hit and miss...but so is everything else, really.

    In other words, I'm no help. Sorry. :)

    --fG

    By Blogger Kathy, at 7/13/2004 4:53 PM  

  • If L came to live with you, she'd be no help, as she has slacked, too. It's so humid in the morning, she can barely breathe, and she has been wheezing before bed at night.

    She is also gaining a severe amount of weight.

    Yesterday morning, in spite of the gross humidity, L eked out 2 miles. This morning, she slogged through a whole almost-four.

    As for men, don't ask me. I think the ideal man is 3 feet tall with no vocal chords and a flat head so you can set your beer down.

    doggy

    doggy

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 7/13/2004 7:55 PM  

  • I've heard that same thing for women but with no teeth.

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/14/2004 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home