BrowniesWeltanschauung

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

More Thoughts on Internet Dating

I considered not doing it. I thought up tons of reasons not to do it. I told myself that I wasn't really interested in finding someone, that I wasn't ready for a "relationship," that I was only trying to make him jealous, that I was still too fat and no one would want me anyway, that there are no good men out there, that I'm happy alone, that I should wait until I got thinner, etc.

I'm scared. This is all very new and very scary for me.

I got married young. I married my high school sweetheart. I wasn't "out there" in my twenties. I don't even really know HOW to date!

I talked myself out of all of my excuses. The only one that kept lingering was to wait until I'm thinner to try this. But, the thought occurred to me that if someone is so superficial that he will pass me over because I've got a little extra padding, do I really want to consider him as a potential boyfriend? If I can't be loved for who I am why bother? I'm the same person, thin or not.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I think it's a really good start. I actually never had a profile on Match...I found J and emailed him so I never had to do the dog and pony show of consensing my life down to a paragraph.

    Do you feel like your personality shows through with what you've written? You're a really funny, charismatic chick. I'd try to highlight that and give them a sample of it. Some will be turned off, but the ones that you want to keep won't be.

    It's all in the numbers, baby. ;)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 7/14/2004 5:09 PM  

  • Dude, Blogger just ate my comment and now I'm PISSED.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 7/14/2004 5:10 PM  

  • I like it, sounds like you. Nice and straight. Maybe you'll find another Brown's fan!

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/14/2004 5:30 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Prom, at 7/14/2004 7:53 PM  

  • Good luck with this sweetie. I have no advice to give on your profile, because I'm not really sure it matters WHAT you say. I've found if they like your pic, they will respond. I wish I could offer you hope, but all internet dating brought me was one loser after another. But, hey....people do hook up with mates this way, so maybe its just me that's the problem.

    By Blogger LeAnne, at 7/28/2004 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home