BrowniesWeltanschauung

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Internet Dating?

Where do I start? Hmm. Well, after all that talk of accountability yesterday, I still haven't exercised. I feel like a big lazy lump. Tonight I will exercise, come hell or high water.

So, I signed up for an internet dating service thingy. It feels weird. It is so nerve-wracking trying to find a way to write a little paragraph that describes who you are! Are they kidding? I'm a complex person, yet I'm also straightforward. I did the best I could. Maybe I'll post what I wrote here and get some critiques. Oh, and then you have to describe your ideal man! What the fuck? That's even more fun. I muddled through that one too. No one wants to read your life story, so you have to be brief, yet descriptive. You want to try to let your personality shine through, catch attention. It all seems so odd.

I did see one guy on there, though. He really got my attention, not only from his description of himself, but of his words about what he's looking for. He used good grammar, proper punctuation, and capitalized the beginnings of sentences and proper nouns. I found this particularly impressive. Have you people seen the way that some of these people present themselves?

I guess we'll see what happens.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I think this is great. If nothing else, it will present a nice distraction from you-know-who.

    Which service did you go with? Maybe you should post a link to your profile. ;)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 7/14/2004 1:14 PM  

  • Tell John to get himself some earplugs. I sleep in them every night, and they work like a charm. I get something called Leight Sleepers.

    doggy

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 7/17/2004 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home