BrowniesWeltanschauung

Thursday, July 27, 2006

13 Things I Can't Do:

I saw this over at Don't Try This At Home and thought I'd give it a try.

1. I cannot draw. I can draw a reasonably recognizable horse's head, stick figures, some darn cute smiley faces, and a mean 3D 'cube,' but that, my friends, is not drawing.

2. I cannot be on time. I'm late, always. My extremely detailed plans for arriving early always manage to fail me and I end up being late yet again.

3. I cannot get out of bed without hitting snooze at least 3 times (hence #2).

4. I can't stop drinking Diet Coke. I've tried numerous times. I can cut back, even to only 1 per day, I've even gone a day or two without, but she always calls me back. Damn her!

5. I can't forgive him, ever.

6. I can't sew. I can sew a button on; I can sew a hem, depending on the fabric, but I can't make things.

7. I can't stop smoking, at least that's how I feel about it right now.

8. I can't get along with my mother while living in the same house with her.

9. I can't have a baby.

10. I cannot back any football team other than my home team!

11. I can't go more than 30 minutes (at work) without checking my email and/or my favorite websites.

12. I can't remember more than a few good things about my dad.

13. I can't believe in "god."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Many of the things you can't do are good things. It's OK to only remember a few good things about your father. It's OK not to forgive someone truly awful. (You aren't God. You don't have to dole out forgiveness.) And it's OK not to have firm views about God. That you are evolving makes you smart and contributes to your beauty.

    The only "can't"s I worry about are the smoking and the soda. You can quit soda. Find a suitable replacement. Why not some seltzer with DaVinci's? If you give up DC for a month, you will, I bet, find cola a disgusting flavor. I can't stand it at all anymore.

    Well, that's all for my advice. I think you've done damn well. And hey: who needs to sew more than a button? And lots of kids out there need the love of a good mommy like you.

    xxoo

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 7/28/2006 1:24 PM  

  • What an interesting list! You are so brave to post that.

    Doggy's written some wise words! I worry about the smoking too, but I understand it. When it bugs you enough, you'll be able to quit. Before I did, I thought about quitting every single day for at least a year, but I bet closer to two. What a nice burden to have off of my back. I don't have to be disgusted with myself anymore. At least on that.

    Sewing is expensive.

    Don't forgive him. If it bothers you, forgive yourself for not wanting to.

    I love number 11! I found that one so funny!

    By Blogger Dawn Rossbach, at 8/03/2006 6:37 PM  

  • I think you should follow this up with a post about things you CAN do. See if you can come up with as many or more.

    Hope all is well, Brownie. Thinking of you!

    Julie

    By Blogger Julie, at 8/14/2006 9:53 AM  

  • I'm sick of seeing this. Write something new.

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 9/15/2006 8:29 AM  

  • I thought of another thing you can't do: UPDATE YOUR FREAKIN' BLOG!!!! What? Do you think you have a life? I mean, you're in love, and now you think blogs can go to hell?

    Oh, Happy Birthday to ME! :)

    (I'm writing here because I'm at school and don't have your e-mail address.)

    By Blogger fuquinay, at 10/09/2006 10:27 AM  

  • Oh yes I can!

    By Blogger Brownie, at 10/12/2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home