BrowniesWeltanschauung

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wasted Time

I've been reading The Girl Who's blog for a while now. Its author is a talented writer. Naturally, I check out other blogs that she either mentions or links to as well. There has been an ongoing saga between The Girl and her husband's ex-girlfriend for quite some time now. Recently, the entire episode sort of exploded.

The ex is also a talented writer.

I guess I just don't understand why the girls are choosing to continue the fighting. It could all so easily be ended if one (or both) of them just lets go.

The Girl is happily married to her husband, whose band, by the way, is phenomenal, in my humble opinion. The ex is in a happy relationship. The ladies live on completely different continents, have never met, and really have no ties binding them except the ones of their own choosing.

I think, in the beginning of any relationship, it's normal to be curious about your new love's ex(es). It has been 3 years, however. The curiosity stage is over. This is something else entirely. It's making them both miserable and it makes me a little sad.

Anyway, their fighting has inspired me to write a poem. I'm dedicating it to both of you ladies...whether you take my advice or not.

By the way, I'm sure the truth of this entire ordeal lies somewhere in the middle of the two stories. I think it might be a little closer, however, to the east coast of these great United States.

Wasted Time

hostages
slaves to each other
both held in cells with doors wide open
stubborn
denying flight
hands clenched on invisible bars
looking out
refusing to take that first step
freedom pleading
its voice lost in the winds of pride
for three long years
of self-imposed prison
choosing imaginary shackles
bound only by self
there are no winners here
no losers
only choices
choose freedom, life, your sanity
it’s time
let go

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home