BrowniesWeltanschauung

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Do I attract this crap?

So, today I'm down in the cafe ... (we have a little cafe at work in addition to the cafeteria and since I'm boycotting the cafeteria, I went down there to get a cup of coffee and a LC muffin). Anyway, I'm down in the cafe and while I'm waiting to be helped, I'm watching the supervisor. She's in the back making soup. I've never had the soup there. It's too high-carb for me, but I've heard it's delish. As I'm watching her prepare the soup, I'm immediately thankful that I've never tried it.

Are y'all ready for this? I watched in horror as she stirred the soup with a large serving spoon, then picked up a smaller teaspoon, dipped it in the soup, tasted it, then dipped it in the soup AGAIN!!!!

OMG! So, I came back up to my office sort of in shock. Then I decided I should call down there and tell her that I'd seen her do this. I called. She, of course, denied that this happened. I told her that I had, in fact, seen it with my own eyes. She said there were two spoons on the table next to the soup that she used for tasting. I said OK, but the one I saw you tasting the soup with TWICE never left your hand!

In the end, she said she'd throw out the soup and make a new batch.
I doubt that will happen.

People are so gross. It's one thing to do that at home when you're cooking for your own, but YEESH!

... end rant.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Let me guess...this is the same supervisor who supposedly "talked to" the bread chick?

    You need to find somewhere else to eat lunch, hun.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 8/12/2004 1:53 PM  

  • Actually it's not the same supervisor. These people are just renting space from the hospital. She's the manager of Arabica, just as if you were to go to one in the mall or a plaza.

    It really freaked me out. I wonder what else she does to the food she serves?

    By Blogger Brownie, at 8/12/2004 3:05 PM  

  • Brownie, I'm sure you don't attract this kind of thing, but what may be happening is that you notice it... so many people just drift through the day in their own little bubbles, they don't see stuff that's happening under their own noses.

    The other admirable quality you possess is that you'll actually speak up when someone does something that requires a response. I'd bet that way too many people, seeing what you saw, would just say to themselves, "Oh, gross!" and leave it at that. You didn't.

    Good for you. :)

    By Blogger Joan, at 8/12/2004 4:32 PM  

  • Reminds me of the Sienfeld episode, where the restaurant owner doesn't wash his hands. LOL.

    Friggin' gross!

    I'll eat my own food, thank you very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/13/2004 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home